ADDERView Matrix MP
The ADDERView Matrix MP is a new generation of advanced multi-platform KVM switches that is specifically designed for use with any mixture of Sun, Mac or PC style computers.
The Matrix MP integrates neatly with all these computer styles by supporting USB keyboards and mice on the controlling KVM consoles. This enables the user to choose modern style keyboards and mice that are perfectly suited to multi-platform applications. USB keyboard support is particularly useful if Sun computers are to be connected because Sun keyboards typically have more keys than the other styles and are only now easily available in USB format.
Sun, USB and PS/2 style interface cables are available for connecting Sun, Mac, PC, RS/6000, Alpha and SGI computers. The unique design of the interface cables enables them to support distances up to 25m. Active 'keep alive' circuitry within the USB and Sun cables enables the MP to be powered off without disrupting computer operation.
Matrix MP switches support 2 simultaneous KVM consoles and are available with 8 or 16 computer ports. All models are fitted with advanced on-screen display menus for setup and control, and support the wide range of powerful and useful options that you would expect from an advanced Adder KVM switch.
• USB keyboard and mouse support enables users to choose the most suitable keyboard style
• Control Sun, Mac or PC computers from a common KVM console
• Intelligent cables connect to USB, Sun(8-pin), PS/2 and AT/RS232 style computer ports
• Two simultaneous users may access computers independently
• Advanced on-screen display makes set-up and control easy
• Compatible with all major software including Windows 3.X, NT, 2000, 95, 98, XP, ME, DOS, Linux, Mac OS, Sun OS, Unix and NetWare
• High (1900x1440) video quality with DDC support
• Rack mountable in a standard 19 inch rack
AVM208MP: 2 x Simultaneous USB keyboard, mouse and monitor ports to 8 CPUs.
AVM216MP: 2 x Simultaneous USB keyboard, mouse and monitor ports to 16 CPUs.
Both models can be cascaded to support over 500 computers from one On Screen Display menu.
8 x 15 way HDD Female for CPU video.
8 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU keyboard.
8 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU mouse.
16 x 15 way HDD Female for CPU video.
16 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU keyboard.
16 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU mouse.
2 x USB type A connectors for controlling keyboards.
2 x USB type A connectors for controlling mice.
2 x 15 way HDD Female for controlling monitors.
1 x 5V DC 2A power inlets for external PSU.
1 x D9 way Female for Flash upgrade, RS232 control, expansion and remote connectivity accessories.
- Advanced On Screen Display - up to 16 different passwords and user profiles can be stored on the Matrix
- Flash upgradeable firmware - as new drivers are released, free upgrades can be downloaded from the Adder website.
- Front panel keys - used for selecting users and channels manually. Also used for selecting auto-scan.
- Front panel display - 7 Segment display (red) shows the currently selected CPU. 7 Segment display (green) shows the currently selected user.
- Indicators show keyboard and mouse activity.
- Selection methods - convenient switching using On Screen Display menu, selectable keyboard hot-key, 3 button mouse, front panel key or RS232 serial control.
- Hot connection of devices - can be connected to many running PCs without reboot by using the keyboard and mouse reset feature.
- On the fly configuration - the Matrix MP can be configured using the OSD menu.
- User definable hot-key commands can be used for quick channel selection.
- Expandable - where the size of your installation is beyond the scope of a single Matrix MP, additional units can be cascaded. This will allow you to use multiple units to provide a video-switching network.
- Auto-scan - the Matrix MP can be set to automatically scan all ports or all active ports at a user definable rate.
- Automatic mouse conversion - PS/2, IntelliMouse and RS232 type mice are all supported between switch and CPUs. Controlling mouse/trackball is PS/2 type.
- Mouse control of OSD menu.
- Name search facility in OSD menu.
- Users may select exclusive or shared computer access.
- Keyboard and mouse reset features for each user port.
- Optional CPU reminder banner may be transparent and moved around the screen.
- Upload and download of OSD configurations to a PC file or Excel spreadsheet.
- Cascaded units do not need to be configured.
8 Port - All metal case (WxDxH) 482x205x45 mm
16 Port - All metal case (WxDxH) 482x205x90 mm
Power - 5V DC, 2A.
EMC - 89/336/EEC CE marked.
LVD - 73/23/EEC.
RMK1 19” 1U rack mount kit for ADDERView Matrix AVM208MP
RMK2 19” 2U rack mount kit for ADDERView Matrix AVM216MP
CAB-9M/9F-2M PC to ADDERView Matrix MP upgrade cable
CPU to ADDERView Matrix MP cables
VKKVM-0.5M 0.5m "3-in-1" cable for PS/2
VKVM-1M 1m "3-in-1" cable for PS/2
VKVM-2M 2m "3-in-1" cable for PS/2
VKVM-5M 5m "3-in-1" cable for PS/2
VKVM-10M 10m "3-in-1" cable for PS/2
CCUSB 2m “3-in-1” cable for USB
CCUSB-5M 5m “3-in-1” cable for USB
CCUSB-10M 10m “3-in-1” cable for USB
CCSUN 2m “3-in-1” cable for SUN
CCSUN-5M 5m “3-in-1” cable for SUN
CCSUN-10M 10m “3-in-1” cable for USB